Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Looks like I made the right choice...

Blizzard just released the patch notes for Patch 2.3: "Call of the Crusade" or whatever. Like I give a fuck anymore. After reading these patch notes and seeing that my suspicions are now verified, I am now undoubtedly finished with this game.

Fuck you, Blizzard. I may see you in StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3, but hell if I'm going to give you any more time for World of Warcraft or your new MMORPG that is supposedly in development.

Let's take a look. Click here to see the newest patch notes.

The first glaring nerf to the DK: "Frost Strike: This ability can now be dodged, parried, or blocked. Weapon damage bonus reduced to 55%, down from 60%." If that's not a nerf, I don't know what their definition of a nerf really is. DK tanks depended on this ability as a way to gain hate on mobs because it could not be blocked, dodged, or parried. Now this and it's damage has been decreased as well as an extra slap in the face. Tell me Blizzard, just how many of your arena regulars needed to bitch and moan to get you to make THAT change?

It doesn't end there either. Look at these gems:

  • Icebound Fortitude: Cooldown increased to 2 minutes.
  • Frost Presence: 10% bonus health reduced to 6% bonus stamina.
  • Toughness: This talent now grants 2/4/6/8/10% armor instead of 3/6/9/12/15%, placing it in line with similar abilities of other classes

  • I really, really, REALLY feel sorry for Death Knight tanks now. I am also really really glad that I no longer play this game. I hope Dathaniel the tauren DK and Dakore the orc shaman are enjoying their retirement back home in Mulgore and Durotar. The chances that you'll see them in this game I now consider about ruined are slim to none. I've had enough of seeing PvE players get screwed because Blizzard's rampant asskissing of their PvE player base.

    I'll read about the Lich King's downfall in the newspapers.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment