Saturday, August 1, 2009

Final Fantasy XIV and MMO Essentials #3: Keep Your PvP Out of my PvE (part 2)

Continuing on this subject of PvE players being screwed by a PvP system that sucks yesterday's crack pipes, I come to you with another issue. Last time it was about PvP'ers who would get their way when they complain enough to developers and get the nerfs they want, and PvE'ers are the ones who have to compensate for the sudden difference in their toon's capabilities.

Now I'm going to talk about something different, and I hope that SquareEnix is paying attention to this (more wishful thinking).

Bottom line: I don't want to see another situation where some bored, high level asshole walks into a low-level enemy town, kills all the NPC guards, kills all the NPC vendors, kills all the quest givers, and then sits there and mocks the low level players who just got screwed, and then get away with it with nothing happening to him.

Ever.

I swear on the name of God and Jesus, if this happens once in Final Fantasy XIV I will quit the game right then and there. If they get to the point where they've killed a few vendors and then a mass of guards equal to the player runs out and stomps his skull into the mud, then I would laugh, because that's what should happen. If they let it progress to the point where a town is destroyed and people are sitting there waiting for something to happen... No. Just no.

If I wanted to keep participating in that shit, I would not have quit WoW. I gained interest in FFXIV because it's a new Final Fantasy MMO and I'm hoping to escape that ludicrous bullshit. I know there are a few proponents to PvP being in the game. They can have it, just keep it in its own designated areas and have no world PvP in the game whatsoever. I could live with that better than anything.

So this is my suggestion to SquareEnix. Please, please, please leave world wide PvP out of the game. You can keep in stuff like the Balista matches or assigned battle grounds if you want to, I don't care. Just keep tucked away in a corner where I don't have to see it if I don't want. Those players who want unrestricted world domination PvP that like to go in and slaughter entire towns can get bent. If they're upset by my words I'm telling them now to ship off back to WoW and Warhammer Online.

Leave Final Fantasy XIV for the PvE players!

No comments:

Post a Comment