Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cataclysm: New Hero Class?


Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I seem to remember Blizzard saying at some point after they announced Wrath of the Lich King that there would be a new hero class released with every expansion from here on out.

Did they say that? I think that's what they were alluding to, but they certainly said that more would be following after Death Knights.

Where is Cataclysm's hero class? I was hoping for something dragonish! Dragonknight? Dragon Wizard? Dragonjester?

Don't tell me that the recent class balance fiasco with Death Knights scared Blizzard away from introducing new classes into the. I guess that would be understandable because the concept of "Hero Class" was kind of a fail when it came to Death Knights. They should have just called them a new class that started out at level 55.

Well, after doing some research, it seems that Blizz is deciding not to include any new classes with this expansion. Too bad. :(

2 comments:

  1. I've been under the impression for awhile now that they were planning to alternate, with new races in odd-numbered expansions and new hero classes in even-numbered ones. Nothing's set in stone, of course, but I've read that they don't want to add too many classes too often, since it requires re-balancing the entire game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, and Death Knights kind of turned class balance on its head so I can understand them wanting to take their time.

    Perhaps the next expansion then.

    ReplyDelete