Tuesday, August 4, 2009

...but I also might make a wrong choice.

They released some information on the races for Final Fantasy XIV today.

I had a hunch that even though the avatars and looks of these races were about the same as their FFXI counterparts, they would do something like change the names. Well, they did, and this is what they have to offer.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w62/Egobrane/1249399178914.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w62/Egobrane/1249399056298.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w62/Egobrane/1249399301196.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w62/Egobrane/1249398998514.jpg

Let me say that yes I agree, these races do look very nice, though I will miss the original Tarutaru cuteness. Personally I think the old version did look better than the new, but I seem to be in the minority with this opinion.

I also seem to be in the minority on the fact that I really do not like the new names of the FFXIV races. First off, I have to say, why the hell even change them up? They are the same races, and though they are in a new world, new setting, did you guys have to give them new names? And such lame names as well?

These names make it sound like it was from a poorly crafted, poorly translated anime that is more childish than Pokemon.

Sorry, but Lalafell instead of Tarutaru?

With the way they look now and that name to go with it, it's going to feel like I'm playing a damn teletubby.

I LOATHE teletubbies!!!

Will I be able to play this? I don't know. I would still like to try it out but now I have to see some game mechanics, class mechanics, and other things to keep my interest. I hate to think that a silly think like race looks and what they are called is going to be a deciding factor, but I would rather play a damn WoW gnome than play something that feels like a teletubby. That's all there is to it.

PS: Don't get me wrong. I had these inhibitions when I first saw the Tarutaru and what they looked like, and today I love them. I'm still an avid fan of the little guy with high capability for nuking (except WoW gnomes who sound annoying and look like mini-pedophiles). I might still be willing to give the new Taru...er, the Lalafell a chance. It might work out pretty well. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment