Friday, March 20, 2009

Making Deals With Gods

*From the journal of Dakore, Shaman of the Horde*

Shalazar Basin is a spectacular region. I would not have dreamed that such a land existed in such a place as Northrend, and whatever power it is that keeps it, the land is vibrant and wild.

I have a theory though that the five pillars, four rather as one seems to have been destroyed sadly, has something to do with it. I have seen however that this cradle for life is someone fragile. It seems that the destruction of one of these mountainous pillars and the device at its top has triggered a recent avalanch from neighboring Icecrown. Scourge are beginning to invade this land, and the only one to stop them is the Avatar of Freya.

I know not who this Freya is, but I admire her ferocity in defense of this place, calling in the entire basin's wild powers to keep the Scourge out. Yet the tenacity of the undead is unrivaled and they continue to push and steadily gain ground from the avalanch. This avatar of a godess or other greater power is willing to take allies, but I am too weary now to be of much use to the Scourge. The avatar made a deal with me, a night of rest here in these wilds, under her protecting, and in the morning I will help her with the Scourge any way I can.

I wonder if she has a plan for this. I will soon see.

No comments:

Post a Comment