Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Knights of the Ebon Blade

*From the writings of Dakore, Shaman of the Horde*

I have heard rumors of the band known as the Ebon Blade, supposedly a group of Death Knights who have broken away from the Scourge. I have seen the former slaves of the Lich King, in their black, deathly armor, running through the streets of Orgrimmar, meeting the contempt of our people head on. The memories of the Scourge atrocities were still fresh in their minds, and I could not blame them of their ire then. Now this wayward band has allied themselves with both the Horde and the Alliance, former sons and daughters of all the peoples now free and returning home, despite the dark mantles they wear.

I never thought I would have to deal with these people directly though, but here I am in their forward camp in Zul'Drak, the Ebon Watch. I cannot help but hold a small bit of concern about these Ebon Watch death knights. They are suppose to be our allies against the Scourge, but I look into their cold eyes and see something unnatural there, a lust for power. Talking with Stefan Vadu leads to such conclusions as well. It is true that death knights who once served the Lich King would know the Scourge better than anyone, but hearing him say that there is nothing more effective than fighting fire with fire, it makes me pity them.

These people are not fire. Fire is a natural force, an energy given by the elements. These people are cold and darkness and death. One cannot fight ice by throwing more cold at it, nor can they fight darkness with more darkness.

It takes flame and light to fight these evil powers.

Nevertheless, I will accept their help. I've come across a black metal chocker, picked up from an undead I've slain some time ago. Instinct warned me that putting it on would be an unwise thing to do, and from what the Eben Watch commander, a human death knight named Stefan Vadu has told me, it was a wise decision. This little trinket was to turn me, specifically me, into the undead! Someone has targetted me it seems, and I think I know who it was.

If I am right, then I will possibly be in a position to undermine the Scourge from within, and I will have a chance to give a former friend a taste of those very flames. If I am wrong, then this might be my final entry...

No comments:

Post a Comment