Sunday, September 20, 2009

Those Old World Blues


Frickin' hell I hate Azshara. The zone I mean, not the NPC, though I'm sure the zone is appropriately named after a total bitch night elf. This place has got to be one of the most convoluted zones ever made for WoW. Not quite as bad as old Everquest's Butcher Block Mountains and other various mountain zones back then, but still a pain in the ass. Funny thing is that Azshara is set to become the new level 10 to 20 zone for Goblins, possibly for orcs and trolls too at least since Barrens will be getting deep fried.

Ah well, best to get done with the crappy stuff early on, yes?

I still had to go into Azshara to find Azuregos the blue dragon. Many people would recognize him as world raid boss of Vanilla WoW. I find him to be a very interesting and amusing character, excentric even for a dragon. The conversation to get the "Draconic Ledger" questline going was hilarious.

But...come on Blizz, you guys got to get a grip on some of your scripts. Thankfully this is a really old questline and you might have learned a few things since then, but... An orc or any other race other than dwarves saying "By Bronzebeard's...er, Beard" to Azuregos. Just what they hell is that all about?

Anyway, that led to some odd experiences. I'll just say that I hope I never have to see Dak dressed in the guise of a gnome with a red turban and a curly mustache again. Ever.

*Screenshot pending of that* 0_o

No comments:

Post a Comment