Saturday, February 28, 2009

Twilight

*From the writings of Dakore, Shaman of the Horde*

I have witnessed a tragedy this day.

What was suppose to be a grand siege against the gates of the Scourge has ended with betrayal and death. I have known few humans in my days who I would consider to be honorable, but Bolvar Fordragon has proven to be one of them. Seeing him and the younger Saurfang fighting side by side, more brothers than enemies, seeing them confront the Lich King himself, was a heartwarming vision.

But then it unravelled. Saurfang fell, and from my perch at the Kor'Koron Vanguard, I could still see his soul being claimed by that monstrous Lich King. He will pay for this, I swear! And then the betrayal I witnessed was nothing short of absolute disgrace! The Forsaken and their Blight have claimed many brave souls today, both Alliance and Horde. I saw Bolvar Fordragon fall into those mists, and then I saw the Lich King's retreat back into Angrathar.

They failed to kill their nemisis, as they always claimed they would have. They only succeeded in destroying their own allies!

It is a haze, and I try to think on it but it only makes me more angry, and for an old orc like me I do not want to feel rage in my heart. I feer, however, as the Dragonqueen has stated, the anger has just begun.

The flames of the Red Flight have cleared the disease of the Forsaken and the battlefield before the Wrath Gate is calm, though the signs of death are vivid around me. The presence of Alexstraza helps to calm the fury of all of us, and now there is new work to be done. Just as the patrons of the Alliance now gather the fallen shield of their own Bolvar, so too must I gather the armor of the slain younger Saurfang to take back and give his father the grim news of his son's fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment